Tuesday, January 16, 2007

It's A Random Day

It's snowing for the first time since a few weeks before Christmas. And I'm pissed because there are once again no batteries in our digital camera, and none to be found anywhere (at least, in any of the dozen or so logical places that one might search for them). My annoyance this morning brings to mind other annoyances that crawl under my skin and yank on the dangling nerves of my anal retentive self. So I figure, why not air them here, and spare the people I love the nuisance.

Things that make me want to bleed, in no particular order.

~The battery thing (already covered)-- oh, and as I type, the message: Please replace your mouse battery! just flashed across my screen. Yay!

~My husband spilling stuff on the counter & not wiping it up. Now, it wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact that the things he drips and drops on the counter have a tendency to congeal and then convert to something akin to glue, i.e. A-1 steak sauce (or marinade), Nestle Quik mix (the liquid kind), and ketchup, to name a few.

~People who call for money and don't know how to cut to the chase. Getting information out of the latest batch of telemarketers in the last few days has been literally like pulling teeth. I mean, I've got a squawking husband, a crying child, and barking dogs in the background. Would it kill you to get to the fucking point?! These folks make it easy to just hang up on them. *assholes*

Let's move on from minor annoyance to straight out clusterfuck.

The power is out due to an ice storm in south central Michigan, which means that our house, which is for all intents and purposes, unoccupied, is affected. I only found out about it because the alarm company called us early this morning to tell us that the battery to the alarm is now dead (which essentially creates a panic alarm signal at the alarm center). We're over four hours away, and my husband decided to remember that the last time he made a trip up there (over a month ago), he might have forgotten to turn off the water. And the well pump. And did I mention that it's snowing over most of the northern part of Ohio, covering pretty much the bulk of the route up to Jackson County, Michigan?

I wish I knew how long it took for pipes to freeze. And a house to be ultimately destroyed. We've got nothing but fire insurance on that motherfucker, too, now, since all of our valuables were removed this summer. Nothing like losing $150,000 house due to poor planning and that bitch, Mother Nature.

But hey, at least I still have my health. Right?!

1 Comments:

At 2:28 PM, Blogger cadydidwhat said...

Okay, Slappy. You're scaring me a little. Let's just say, you've hit the mark. A little too close. I am now sticking my tongue out at you!
*raspberries* LMAO.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home