Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I Made Other Plans...

...and then life happened.

I can't even begin to talk about the disaster that has struck. Let's just say, I've had a shitty night, and leave it at that. I had all kinds of pithy, snarky, catty, snappy things to say about American Idol tonight, but I don't have the stomach for it, literally.

All I can say is this: Double Dog Ding Dang Diggity Darn, I don't think Sanjaya is going home this week, either. He's like gum on the shoe of bad reality television. Someone should patent his staying power and pass a little of it along to Don Imus.

As a matter of fact, when he wins the record deal, his first song should be "Does Your Chewing Gum Lose Its Flavor On The Bedpost Overnight." I'll buy it, too, just to shoot holes in it with a really big gun.

Here's what the Washington Post online had to say about the bloody fiasco. I disagree with the whole "J-Lo point" but, other than that, they've pretty much nailed it.

And that's all she wrote.

2 Comments:

At 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reality TV? Isn't there enough reality without TV getting into it?

I do have to say I kind of got into that SuperNova thing, but American Idol.....WHos?

You know what God said about Idols?
I say, say goodnight to the Idol thing and
With all that extra time, you can read something truly wonderful like... Siddhartha. And that's all I'll write.

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger cadydidwhat said...

You're absolutely right. I just can't seem to let go of American Idol, but yes, there are far more constructive things I could be doing...at least I record it and fast forward through the boring stuff! : ) Thanks for stopping by.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home